To create a rustic, bohemian, pretty, relaxed, and responsibly-sourced festival-style party of a lifetime celebrating a 50th birthday, a 20 year wedding anniversary and the re-wilding of the farm venue.
Long-term supplier partners with experience of large scale outdoor events were selected to support us in crucial departments such as catering, drinks, and power, sound and light.
The rain came, the sun shone, the stilt walkers, jugglers and strong men greeted new arrivals and the 3 bars were open for cocktails, real ales, cider and delicious wine and soft drinks.
We used the venue for inspiration to create this #partyonthefarm, and the design and styling of the 24-hour-long party worked with the structures and fields, enhancing them with dressing, and light.
• Festival flags, branded wristbands, and lanyards, a site map and programme, and hand-painted way finding signage greeted guests on arrival during Saturday afternoon.
• The site was dressed with a continuous line of festoon lighting threading through the entire site, leading you to explore the barns full of straw bales and bunting
• the giant tractor barn was transformed into a rustic dining room complete with chill out corner and phone charging station
• the garden tent with was the place to chill out with board games for a quiet spell;
• and the mini orangery chill out tent was crammed with eclectic vintage furniture, bale sofas, and a straw bale DJ booth which also hosted late-night karaoke.
On the catering and drinks front the emphasis was local, organic and responsibly sourced…
• Options to eat included organic cakes, with fresh coffee and tea, or an ice cream from a local company whose milk moves from an organic dairy herd to ice creams ready to serve within 24 hours
• And it kept on coming: from kids tea, then supper, through midnight feasts and on into the morning for breakfast with freshly baked pastries, hot coffee and cold pressed juices.
• The meals were exceptional. Prepared in a makeshift site kitchen whose walls were dressed Heras fence panels, and a hay bale wall to one side, the food “looked glorious and tasted great”.
• The wine and cocktails flowed and the heated tractor barn dining room kept everyone cosy throughout.
Live music was an important priority for our client
• It included busking in the beer the tent, followed by Barn Dancing from Cut a Shine then a tumultuous set from the glorious Turbans fresh from a major set at Bestival.
• In the chill out tent DJ Gabby Gunn span the tunes, bowing out periodically for guests to have their moment on the velvet draped Karaoke stage, and back in the Dance Barn when the bands had taken a bow, DJ Ryan B Reid kept us moving until the early hours – with DJ Gabby Gunn joining in for some back to back tunes and crowd pleasers.
After dark the gigantic home-made bonfire was lit, the fire juggling began, and the fireworks were timed to launch at the close of the Turbans’ set. Guests in hammocks, on straw bales and German beer benches huddled around the many firebowls, outdoor candles were lit, and the tractors and hundreds year old trees were beautifully accented with lighting to show them off, creating a magical party space under the stars.
Health and safety issues were addressed with a comprehensive security package including a small first aid team, and liaison with the local emergency services.
For those who finally went to bed there were pre-booked glamping Bell Tents and a field for DIY tents which our team helped guests build during the afternoon.
In the morning all mod cons were available with hot showers on offer in the camping field.
To enable all the adults to take full advantage of the hedonism on offer, a specialist childcare company provided entertainment ranging from tug of war to giant balloons, a silent disco to movie night, crown making, a fashion show, and the all-important supervised slumber party while parents danced the night away.
“Thank you – our family festival was brilliantly organised by Oasis and such great fun. We have had lots of positive comments about everything from the food, to the decoration, tents, karaoke, kids entertainers, child care, bonfire, fireworks, cocktail van, DJs and so on. Thank you so much for thinking of everything and taking the strain. We have had masses of emails, texts and letters saying it was the best party they had EVER been to!!!
Private Client, Oxfordshire, September 2017
“Thank you for the best party EVER! It was slick and professional as if you had been organising festivals for years, delicious supper and breakfast, bonfire, fireworks, decorations and comfy tents with different themes. I missed Woodstock in 1969 as I was only 1 year old, similarly I missed the first Glastonbury, and too busy for the first Burning Man in 1986, but these have been more than made up for at your first ever family festival! A total ‘hit’!”
Feedback from a guest
Photography by Design Photography