Having worked with this client on their wedding anniversary celebrations almost a decade earlier, we were thrilled to be asked to produce their son’s marquee wedding at their home in Bedfordshire.
The feel of the event was to be luxurious and refined but understated so that the bride and groom and the guests could feel at ease, mingle and ultimately party hard too!
- The design of the temporary structures was our first priority, to ensure that the garden could house a wedding ceremony, a wet weather plan for the reception, a seated dining room and the reveal of a stage and dance floor with the feel of a night club for a change of tempo in the evening.
- Local suppliers were sourced for structures and ancillary hire, catering and drinks service. Specialist items such as a bar and chill out furniture, all print items, the wedding cake and table ware were sourced through third parties.
- The florist was briefed to follow a specific look, tidy, compact, elegant, floral pieces ranged from tall table centres to pretty bouquets to dress the ceremony chairs, and an overhead floral focal piece in the bar / reception space.
- Spaces were revealed one after another, with the ceremony first facing the pond and fountain at the far end of the garden, followed by a stroll back to the front of the house for drinks in the sunshine.
- The wedding breakfast was revealed at the time that guests were welcomed, into an ivory-lined and carpeted dining room to eat an exquisite three course meal served with champagne and wine. The meal ended with speeches before the reveal to the bar / reception and on through to the dance floor / night club, to the sound of gasps and applause as the whole space was connected and open to guests for the first time.
- Live music for the ceremony was provided by The Sensky String Trio who then played in the garden for drinks. The Faithettes kicked off the dancing, interspersed with DJ Elliot from Sound Train, accompanied by Dan Blaax on saxophone. Guests danced the night away and enjoyed being outside the in the artfully lit garden after dark
The Bride: I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you for the amazing organisation of our wedding, it was such a beautiful day and it ran so smoothly which was down to you.
We had so many comments on how fabulous it was and every detail from the fairy lights to the fantastic band were loved by our guests and us.
The vision and styling I had of the day was exactly what we achieved and I am very grateful and feel extremely lucky! It was great working with you.
The Mother of the Groom: Our son and beautiful new daughter in law got married at our home in June and we had the most splendid day which passed without a hitch owing to the attention of Dany Fremantle and her team from Oasis Events.
We had worked with Dany before at a big party we held so it was only natural that we should turn to her in the initial stages of planning for this occasion. A wedding needs careful planning but on the day itself, it is quite an artform for the day to unfurl without appearing to be any work…. There are so many considerations and so many people to be consulted and it is a skill bringing all these things together Dany worked closely with us all and there were a few `moments` when considerable tact was required.
Dany held all our hands throughout and as the planning proceeded we grew in confidence. Dany instigated our meetings on site with caterers, marquee companies, the florists … the list is endless, wrote up the decisions which had been made and who was responsible for them. A mood board was produced and altered and changed because people do change their minds, have new ideas, inspiration etc. Nothing phased her or irritated her (or may be it did but she never let it show!). On the big day itself, I can honestly say I could relax and enjoy seeing my family and my most loved ones knowing that I didn’t have to see to all the last minute things that had to be done.
Dany was unobtrusively present co-ordinating the caterers, the band, the dog sitter, the house sitter making sure the loos were up to scratch, seeing that all the events staff were fed, happy and watered and where they should be and on time. We were able to relax and enjoy the efforts of our careful planning. It really was a day to be remembered.
Photography by Cat Lane Weddings